Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crazy Cobblestone

This was a fun project for me. Crazy cobblestones. I took a queen sized sheet and cut it into strips in half inch increments starting from 5 1/2 up to 10. I then sewed the crazy blocks and cut them to the closest size I could also in the half inch increments. Pinning them to the sheet took forever. I think I really must have a design wall but space is an issue. This is the last picture I have of it before it was completed. We put it into the store on Sat (we are closed on Sun) and it was sold on Tue. I was trying to explain to one of my student how to put binding on her quilt and noticed she was not looking at me but staring at the wall. She had to have this quilt. I begged for one more day to get pictures of it, so sent it to Manyana Village (where we teach 10 local ladies how to quilt through a project called Lodibo by the Lutheran church) with our ladies and KT to have pictures taken on the ruins there. Lets hope the pictures come out OK because the quilt is gone. I have to say it was my favorite one so far. It went to a good loving home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment