Friday, January 13, 2012

Botswana U-Pen quilt




Well....today is my birthday :)

Just to have a note of what my Birthday looks like. It is 1:12am and I have just finnished work on one of my pieces for my next exhibition. I need at least 25 from me and Fiber Arts Revolution brings about 15 peices, one from each member. Quite a big thing to take on, half the quilts in one show from me......lots of work to do. Tomorrow I must mannage the store, my daughters new asthma medication, my son and get at least half a quilt done for the Exhibition before I can relax for dinner with two really good friends. This on my day off. Ahhh the life of an entrepreneur quilt shop owner in the middle of the Kalahari Desert. I love what I do and the people I work with. It is HARD work but also well worth it. At least being my own boss means I do not have to work 9 to 5, I can take time off with my daughter when she needs it and make up the time later (my son too has sensory deprivation and has needed a lot of mommy time). I have to say I must work about 70hrs a week, but it is times I pick, and that, as a widowed working mother means all the world to me. So what I realy want to say is Thank you lord for giving me the oppertunity to be my own boss (for now) and allowing me the opportunity to do something I love, work with people I admire, and giving me the strength to do what I have to do.
Happy Happy Quilting people :)

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I enjoyed reading your blog. I hope you had a good birthday, even if it was busy. Susan
    www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Mine is next Sunday. You have so much to do; I don't know how you find time to work with taking care of your children and all. Hang in there, and try to rest if you can.

    ReplyDelete